This has been the longest I have ever gone between blog posts, and I’m somewhat embarrassed. It’s a vicious cycle, really. You think, “well I’ve gone this long without posting, who will notice anymore?” Or, “I’m going to take 100 photos for my future blog post about this” and then realize you don’t have enough storage on your phone. I promised I would never let myself go this long without connecting with my dear readers, but then life happens and your hobby blog suddenly falls lower and lower on the list of priorities. But I’m back, and I’m going to be better than ever!
Let me give you a brief culinary recap of my life since my last post:
- I went to Seattle for the first time in my life and realized how much I miss living in a real city (but I still love you, Napa). I was there for a business trip, but stayed a little longer to indulge in all the culinary delights that the city has to offer.
- I tried some great, new (well, new to me) restaurants in Napa, including Bistro Jeanty, Two Birds One Stone, and Ad Hoc.
- I ate a lot of delicious meats. Let’s just say, I know someone at Fatted Calf.
- I made Gravlax for the first time (which warrants a separate post), for a super fancy New Years Eve dinner party that was hosted in my newly purchased townhouse! It has been taking up all of my energy and time, but it’s completely worth it.
I’m looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, especially now that I finally have a massive open kitchen with plenty of counter space (as well as a dishwasher!!!).
I’ve also set some culinary goals for 2017, including, but not limited to:
- learn to make sushi; more specifically, sushi rice
- make homemade pasta, including ravioli
- master the art of breaking down a chicken
- eat more caviar